Photobucket

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Another day ... Another God?

Dispelling deity dirt and other illusions. - Todd Springfield


From bondage to repriev-al ... how atheism can set you free. - Todd Springfield

I just wonder as I sit in my corner of the world, in my room, in the house, at the computer ... in my little space of my wandering brain ... how many people out there are thinking in logic. With reason? With their heart? We are all one people no matter what we choose to believe ... higher power, God, or no. We all have a link with humanity. Then why is it suddenly I feel a decisive line?

And I derive this in my head with that of my very close friend, my mother. Somewhere along the line she switched from atheist ... well, perhaps an agnostic despite what she said aloud ... to religious. And now we have a riff leaving us at odds of not understanding one another.

Suddenly proclaiming atheism makes me feel like I am walking on some sort of egg shells. It just leaves me feeling I need to do more. Show more biology, more science ... not leave this big word science as a big scary one.

I got here inch my inch, year by year in school, against all odds. Against what everyone else told me I am natural at. I feel balanced. I feel like I wouldn't be who I am without the education I've gotten. I won't let anyone take this away from me. I won't regress.

And all that is obvious and well, easy.

So why do I feel like I need to educate the world ... so soon and immediately. I once felt this as a very liberal campus student that spoke against the evils of big business like McDonalds cutting down rainforest for cows, and the deep feeling of needing to understand everyone. But this is different.

I see us far into the future traveling the space and time continuum. I see religion fervor working with scientific logic. I see the world progressing. The world being free of so much disease, natural born conditions, cancer, and even everyone knowing and taking for granted music. I consider music part of the connection of the humanity pheromone communication connection.

But more than ever, I just feel really bad that my mother was insulted and feel guilty for any of the other Christians I may have offended after the phone call of my mother and the posting here on facebook.

I genuinely want the world to open up ... there is so much math, logic, decisive action that needs to happen.

A pet peeve of mine as a "scientist" is that serious over play of something has to happen in order for the layman communities of the world to see. Take anti-bacterial for instance ... freakin' soap with lye works just fine to kill all bacteria and such. Bleach will kill a further level, for longer effect. Anti-bacterial just makes the world full of resistant strains. Things are going overboard since the 1990s for anti-bacterial products (not to mention wasteful additions that make it easier to clean up), which are just producing the opposite effect. The companies that sell these products realized they could make a profit by scaring the public into "cleanliness". What they didn't disclose is that high acidity works for many things like cleaning around the home. Try things laced with lemon juice. It works great.

I could list a hundred other things like this. I tell everyone I meet "Just buy a bar of soap. Don't get the anti-bacterial stuff. It contributes to us having strains of bacteria that leave us with no defense."

In the 1930s or so there were 10s of bacteria that we have no defense to. Now there are 100s, if not up in the 1000s now.

When I say "no defense" I mean if you get this bacterial infection your doctor is going to make you as comfortable as possible and let you know "there is no cure, no way to combat it". We make anti-bacterial things out of fungal or mushroom derivatives. Consider it our cheating way to use the fungus defenses against the bacteria to help humans. As scientists out there try to mimic design of fungal defenses we're just not doing it as fast as nature would. There is this natural arms race between fungus and bacteria, with fungus being much more evolved. So we realized as humans, "Hey these spore mushroom guys are really good at beating these other guys that are really annoying and hurtful to us. I know! Let's use them!"

I digress, as one of my many ramblings. I just want the world to know so much.

Another thing blown out of control. Global Warming. Another day.

So as for the title. Another day, another God? The God Complex is so full, delusional, and encompassing it is too much for me to stand to have any response to "He is there. He is with you." as any true factual proof. What scientific proof can walk against something which can not be argued against?

No comments: